Nordic Open Science and Research Forum 2016, 21-23 November
Welcome to Nordic Open Science and Research Forum 2016 in Helsinki. The forum will be held at Main building of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences. Below you can find information on how to arrive to the meeting venue and on hotel discounts, on-site registration, social program and cancellation.
1. Directions to Main building of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
2. Hotel accommodation 21-23 Nov
3. Onsite registration and Information desk
4. Social program
5. Instructions for cancellation
6. Contact information and important phone numbers
Address: Bulevardi 31, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Main building of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences is located in Helsinki city center, 1,4 kilometers from Helsinki Railway Station http://www.metropolia.fi/en/contact-information/campus-bulevardi/.
From Helsinki-Vantaa airport to Helsinki city center / Helsinki Railway Station
- by TAXI approximately 35 min / taxi fare 45-50 EUR
- by Finnair City Bus approximately 35 min / one way ticket 6,20 EUR from the online shop and 6,30 EUR from the driver. Buses depart from the airport and Helsinki city centre every 20 minutes.
- by public transport
- I or P train from Helsinki-Vantaa airport to Helsinki Railway station (approximately 35 min) / regional ticket from HSL Ticket machine at the airport or from train 5,50 EUR. Ticket is also valid in other public transport in Helsinki city center
- bus 615 from Helsinki-Vantaa airport to Helsinki Railway station (approximately 45 min) / regional ticket from HSL Ticket machine at the airport or from the driver 5,50 EUR. Ticket is also valid in other public transport in Helsinki city center.
All taxi and bus stops are located right outside terminals T1 and T2. The entrance to the Helsinki-Vantaa train station is in the corridor between the terminals. For more information about transport from Airport, please visit http://www.finavia.fi/en/helsinki-airport/to-and-from/train-buses-and-taxis/
From Helsinki City Center / Helsinki Railway Station to Main building of Metropolia
- by foot - the distance from Helsinki Railway Station to Main building of Metropolia is 1,4 km / 20 min
- public transport
- tram 6/6T from Helsinki Railway station (Rautatieasema stop, Kaivokatu, outside of main entrance) to Main building of Metropolia (Aleksant. teatteri stop, Bulevardi 25) / tram ticket from HSL Ticket machine 2,50 EUR or from the tram 3,20 EUR, unless you bought a regional ticket at the airport (approximately 15 min)
You can find detailed timetables and routes from the Journey Planner (in English) at: http://www.reittiopas.fi/en
Sokos Group Hotels - sokoshotels.fi
There is a special priced quota of hotel rooms for Forum participants in Original Sokos Hotel Albert and Radisson Blu Aleksanteri Hotel. These hotels are both located less than 200 m from the meeting venue.
Room price for one night is
140 EUR / single occupancy standard
165 EUR / double occupancy standard
The room price includes breakfast buffet, guest sauna, wireless broadband connection and VAT. Check in 15 p.m. earliest, check-out 12 p.m. latest.
Please make the reservation by email or by phone (information below) and use the code BForumATT when making the reservation. The code is valid until 8th of November 8 p.m. (UTC+02:00).
Sokos Hotels Reservations
Original Sokos Hotel Albert
Tel. +358 (0)20 1234 600
Radisson Blu Reservations
Radisson Blu Aleksanteri Hotel
Tel. +358 (0)20 1234 700
GLO Hotels - glohotels.fi/
Glo Hotel Art is located less than 100 m from the meeting venue. With promotion code forum2016 Forum guests can have 10% discount from normal price in GLO Hotel Art during dedicated dates. Check in 15 p.m. earliest, check-out 12 p.m. latest.
Please use the link https://book.glohotels.fi/reserve?deepLink=1&ChainCode=CHA&HotelCode=ART&lang=en&_ga=1.177912998.2035570585.1418021062 and enter promotion code forum2016 when making the booking.
Glo Hotel Art
Tel. +358 (0)9 5840 9445
Registration desk is located in the lobby of the Main building of Metropolia. Further guidance available at registration desk. Online registration link can be found here.
Attended luggage storage and cloakroom are available at the meeting venue.
The conference dinner on Tuesday 22nd November 7 p.m. (N.B. time corrected) will be held at restaurant Sipuli, Kanavaranta 7, Helsinki. The participation for the dinner is based on online registration through the same registration form as other Forum events.
If you want to cancel your participation to the conference or the conference dinner, please contact attforum(a)csc.fi.
General event enquiries
Coordinator at CSC – IT Center for Science
tel. +358 (0)50 381 2064
+358 (0)100 0700